Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: AG RECALL!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Molly92's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2005
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did you hear that AG is recalling all of their jewelry because they found high amounts of lead in it? I heared it on the radio this morning. Just wanted everyone to know. Don't know if this has already been said.

    Stephanie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2005
    Posts
    442
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    It has already been posted but it was good to be posted again in case someone didn't read the previous posts. It is only the jewelry from AGPC and AGPNY. When my dad had told me this I was all like "Oh no, I just ordered jewelry from the club and now I shouldn't even wear it." Here is a paragraph I had found on this recall:

    Recalled March 30, 2006: American Girl Children?s Jewelry, The recalled jewelry contains high levels of lead. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects. The recall includes American Girl necklaces, bracelets, earrings and hair accessories for girls. The recall does not include jewelry for American Girl dolls. The jewelry?s packaging features a red and white cardboard backing with ?American Girl? and ?Made in China? written on the front. Consumers should immediately take recalled jewelry away from children and return the items for a full refund (including applicable tax and return postage costs) to: American Girl Jewelry Recall, P.O. Box 620974, Middleton, WI 53562-0974

  3. #3
    Dancingfewl423
    Guest Dancingfewl423's Avatar

    Post

    Do you think that was because of the post someone (I apologize for forgetting who! [img]redface.gif[/img] ) - made on the board a few days ago? [img]eek.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow!! Thanks for posting this again. I missed the first posting.

    [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    That's kind of scary!

    At lest it was only sold at the AGP stores.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is a link to another thread on this topic. In that thread is a link to the third thread on this topic. [img]wink.gif[/img] They both have a lot of information. From what I remember, it wasn't even all the jewelry from the stores, but only certain ones.

    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f=2155&t=27202

    Joy

  7. #7
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do we know for sure it doesn't include the new jewelery from the club? I'm pretty sure the Easter Bunny will be bring those so I just want to make sure.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe calling Customer Service would help? I don't know. Sometimes they seem to know what's going on, and sometimes they don't.
    Joy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •